[IAEP] [FM Discuss] status on Sugar Guide for 0.84

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Mar 26 12:48:28 EDT 2009

Hi Jay -
Yes, it's a part of the issue with the mis-numbered chapters as well. I'm
using INCLUDE code to bring in chapters from the Grannie's Guide to Sugar. I
might rename those chapters (they are chapters but the need to be
subsections here) depending on the solution, but it might be that the
INCLUDE code I'm using doesn't match the needs for these sections (they need
to be subsections of the larger chapter.)

We'll keep working on that issue and may need to remove the INCLUDEs and
just copy/paste the SoaS Windows information instead of embedding it in
order to resolve these paired issues with hierarchy and numbering. It would
be a shame to lose it though, because the reuse of the content would be very
valuable in this case.

Thanks,
Anne

2009/3/26 Jay Maechtlen <techwriter at covad.net>

>  Anne
> In the 'getting' chapter
> there are links that aren't spelled out.
>
> the heading
> Installing for Windows computers is much larger than the preceding
> headings, suggesting that you're getting Sugar, not SoaS.
>

> Anne Gentle wrote:
>
> Hi all -
> I am thinking the Sugar Guide is ready for one last look before I publish
> to PDF and HTML.
>
> It's still on the WRITE side of FLOSS Manuals, so feel free to do any
> last-minute proofing and edits here:
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Sugar/8_4/WebHome
>
> We had some technical hurdles to overcome since it's our first version
> update on a manual (way to lead the way Sugar!). But I think enough bugs are
> worked out to allow publishing tomorrow (Friday 3/27).
>
> Final items:
>
>    1. Walter or someone with python knowledge, could you review the
>    "Modifying Sugar" chapter at
>    http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Sugar/8_4/ModifyingSugar? I had to
>    take all the code examples (python and svg xml) and put them into images so
>    that the PDF generation will work.
>    2. There's a problem with misnumbered chapters for which I've logged a
>    trac issue and Aco has taken: http://adam.engagetv.com/trac/ticket/81.
>    3. Walter, David, and Adam - let's talk about getting an ISBN for this
>    book if we want to sell it on Amazon. If we do decide to sell it on Amazon,
>    we'll need a new book cover to match Crown Quarto dimensions. (The
>    dimensions are 190mm x 250mm and the page count is 226.)
>
> Thanks, all, for your assistance and patience.
>
> Anne
>
> --
> Anne Gentle
> email: annegentle at justwriteclick.com