[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Running sugar at almost-native speeds in Windows

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Thu Mar 12 17:45:08 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Dave Bauer <dave.bauer at gmail.com> wrote:

> But really, all we need to be doing is producing .vmdk files (virtual
>>> disk images) for our SoaS snapshots.  These files can be loaded in any
>>> of VMware, VirtualBox and Parallels, and can be used with QEMU after a
>>> command line conversion step.

In any case, even if it was this easy (other seem to report otherwise), it's
more steps than an educator should have to perform. The idea is that we can
provide them with prepackaged, no extra-fluff-needed executables, *as well*
as in raw image formats.

Moreover, VMDK files are (IIRC) hard to generate programmatically, whereas
COW/QEMU images can be generated easilly as part of a build script.
--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc