[IAEP] New sugarlabs website

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 07:17:55 EDT 2009

This is a good solution since people clicking on "wiki" from the intro
part of the site (which they will perceive as the "main" or "intro"
section) arrive at wiki.sugarlabs.org; while people who get lost in
the wiki will know they are in the wiki from the URL and will seek to
get back to the "main" site.

Other fixes that are necessary for smooth integration:

* The wiki logo needs to link to the intro or "main"

* The menu bar at the top of the wiki should start with "main" or
"introduction" before "wiki", and link to the homepage

* The wiki landing page http://sugarlabs.org/go/Main_Page in becoming
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Main_Page will be clearly understood as
the main page for the wiki, but the title text needs to be updated to
reflect that: "Sugar Labs/Welcome to Sugar Labs" -> "Sugar
Labs/Welcome to the Sugar Labs wiki"

It's not a big problem that the wiki landing page has some redundant
material with the intro; streamlining can be done later. But these
navigation problems need to be fixed as soon as possible. I am very
concerned about this, I brought it up a week ago but I had assumed it
was only a technical oversight. It's very important we get our message
out.

thanks

Sean