[IAEP] Sugar Online (was Re: http://www-testing.sugarlabs.org/)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon Mar 9 09:35:51 EDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 00:48, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think allowing web-based activities would be a great start to this
> integration.

Sounds good.

> It's currently on the ActivityTeam TODO page and has been discussed a few
> times in the mailing lists, but let me know if you would be interested in a
> more formal spec.

I guess it would be good to list which Sugar-specific functionalities
we want to offer to web-based activities and maybe propose an API?.

> The major change involves moving the WebActivity class into the Sugar
> toolkit itself, and providing a web-activity wrapper script to launch web
> based activities.

Wonder if this shouldn't live in a different module, though maybe not
inside hulahop.

> One example use would be a 'Facebook' activity which is simply a wrapper
> around Browse which launches into Facebook.  Same goes for the (deprecated)
> Gmail activity, etc.

Totally, and with PyXPCOM we could do interesting customizations for
integrating that web app further with Sugar.

Regards,

Tomeu