[IAEP] Sugar Online (was Re: http://www-testing.sugarlabs.org/)

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:48:35 EST 2009

I think allowing web-based activities would be a great start to this
integration.
It's currently on the ActivityTeam TODO page and has been discussed a few
times in the mailing lists, but let me know if you would be interested in a
more formal spec.
The major change involves moving the WebActivity class into the Sugar
toolkit itself, and providing a web-activity wrapper script to launch web
based activities.

One example use would be a 'Facebook' activity which is simply a wrapper
around Browse which launches into Facebook.  Same goes for the (deprecated)
Gmail activity, etc.

Once we have the web activity framework inside Sugar, it would be simpler to
extend this to adding web (or Python!) "widgets" aka KDE4, OSX and Google
Desktop to Sugar.

Cheers,
Wade