[IAEP] CamelCase

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Mar 6 16:32:07 EST 2009

On 3/6/09, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:
> The continuing propagation of CamelCase words in the Sugar Labs wiki is
> working against those trying use search tools to find information.
> This seems to be a big disadvantage, particularly now, as we expect many new
> visitors.
>
> Let's discourage it, and start to re-factor the wiki title space, at least,
> without this style of contraction.  That is, until some programmers succeed
> in modifying the search engines to accommodate this variation.

I think that I will soon be ready to tackle this task.

a.sl.o is pretty stable and will soon become a vital part of the SL
infrastructure.  Once it becomes useful it should be much easier to
find someone to adopt it:

It will be an easy but tedious process.  It is easy to set up a couple
of scripts to process the changes.  The only issue is that after
changing the name, we must update the links to the new page.  Because
of the ambiguity of the mediawiki grammar a person must check to make
sure that all of the changes are sane.

david