[IAEP] download pages

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:37:07 EST 2009

We were just talking about that on IRC. I think we need to fork:

(1) simple instructions regarding the current stable 8.2 OLPC build (767?)
(2) a word about the upcoming 8.2.1 release
(3) simple instructions regarding SoaS on an SD card for the OLPC
(with mention that mesh is currently not supported in 0.84).

Any volunteers to help pull these pages together?

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Christoph Derndorfer
<christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gary C Martin schrieb:
>> The above shows as "unknown server" – just incase this gets copied and
>>  pasted as a link somewhere important, I think you meant:
>>        http://sugarlabs.org/go/Downloads
> I find the information presented at
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/Supported_systems#Fedora_on_an_OLPC_XO (which
> http://sugarlabs.org/go/Downloads#Do_you_have_an_OLPC_XO-1.3F points to) to
> be slightly confusing since this actually *doesn't* allow you to install the
> latest Sugar (as in 0.84) on an XO.
> I think that when pushing and promoting 0.84 we should always include a link
> to a well written explanation of how XO owners can use it.
> Cheers,
> Christoph
> --
> Christoph Derndorfer