[IAEP] Reflections on giving a Sugar Demo

Andrea Mangiatordi andrea.mangiatordi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 19:41:58 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

Caroline Meeks wrote:
>     1. This is the Home Screen.
[snip]
>     8. To do something go to your Home screen and click on any of these
>     icons. They are the activities.

in the last months I was (and I still am, but for short) in Uruguay for
my PhD research project, which involves educational software and special
needs. I was asked to give some Sugar "classes" to teachers, and more or
less the procedure I used was the same described above by Caroline.

I would like to add some more points, to introduce the teachers to
activity sharing:

9. This baloon is the Chat Activity - it only has a simple toolbar, and
it can be easily used to explain activity sharing essentials.
10. This - the "share with:" combo box - makes your activity appear in
the neighborhood view. Your friends can connect to it. Enjoy a little
chat with your friends and see how important are Sugar colors to
identify you.
11. This pen and paper icon is a text editor. Yes, it has the same
toolbar of the chat. No, you don't have to use it like a chat.. :)

Hope this hint could be useful to someone.

Saluti

Andrea

--
Andrea Mangiatordi