[IAEP] Virtual World clients for Sugar

Daynuv james at daynuv.com
Fri Jun 26 10:57:24 EDT 2009

We work with schools in developing immersive environments for
education based on Opensim - the opensource version of Second Life. In
order to access an Opensim world one needs a variant of the
opensourced Second Life client. Hippo and Meerkat are two such
clients.

We would love to see one of these clients becoming part of Sugar as it
could open up the next generation of 3D learning to all. For the last
5 months I have been running the Second Life client on a standard
netbook (Dell Mini 9) without problem. Sure, the graphics are not top
notch but it still suffices as a fine entry point.

As I am new to, and very excited by, this project please let me know
how I can help to make this a reality.

Best Regards,
-James Corbett.
Daynuv.com