[IAEP] Fwd: [Olpc-france] AUP: Approches constructionistes pour un apprentissage, une pensée et une éducation créative (2010)

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 06:42:21 EDT 2009

cross-posting to IAEP
August 2010, Paris

http://www.aup.fr/news/special_events/constructionism2010.htm

<snip>
Call for Papers

We encourage contributions from teachers, researchers and software
designers who would like to illustrate how technology can aid in the
constructionist approach to learning, thinking and education.

Papers can be case-based or theoretical. Presentations are generally
twenty minutes in length and we will have both plenary sessions as
well as smaller groupings.

We are always eager to hear about new uses and extensions to the Logo
computer language but we are also eager to hear from those using other
languages and technologies.

We hope to mix constructionists from a variety of disciplines:
mathematics, social and physical sciences with the arts and
humanities.

Teachers of younger students are especially welcome and are encouraged
to actively participate and to show examples of their students’ work.

We have heard from people interested in the following areas. Please
suggest others! (info at constructionism2010.org)

Papers
• New constructionist computer languages • New versions of Logo •
Robotics • Multi agent modelling applications in the social sciences •
Multi agent modelling applications in mathematics and science
education • Art and design education • Music education, music
listening • Dance education: dance notation as tools of thought •
Constructionist psychology: the work of George Kelly • Constructionist
applications of Mathematica • Constructionist applications of APL: Ken
Iverson vs. Seymour Papert • Teaching statistics from a
constructionist point of view • What’s the difference between
constructionism and constructivism?

Half-day Workshop Ideas
• Robotics • NetLogo • Scratch • Technology for students with special
needs • Repertory Grid methods of Personal Construct Psychology
</snip>