[IAEP] Which is better for the environment recycling computers or LTSP?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 06:08:30 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 10:19 PM, Caroline
Meeks<caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> But we can still think about environmental efficiency.  I think Sugar on a

HW is wildly over the map in environmental efficiency and risks. The
software is almost incidental -- at its best it can help HW designed
to be efficient achieve its design goals.

I can't do much with HW that is not designed for it. I can't do
anything with HW that is laden with environmental risks.

So I don't think much of a statement can be made in terms of
environmental impact :-/ --

OTOH, the HW is a complement to Sugar... maybe we can publish
'environmental impact assessment' howtos, charts, procurement guides,
etc. Same as you'd do with any other complement to your product.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions