[IAEP] sugar framework

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 00:11:07 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 9:42 PM, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey David,
>
> Correction: Flash can absolutely do collaboration.  Check out online
> games like Corpse Craft for examples.  A SWF-based collaborative Sugar
> activity would require some support from Sugar itself to direct
> communications to the right places.

I am aware of the kind of collaboration it can do, but I was thinking
about the kind of collaboration done by the underlying sugar ui, and
it use of the telepathy stack. A way for a dev to create an app that
can talk to other activites. This doesn't exclude flash being used
within this framework...

> That said, I totally agree that a Python framework for creating
> educational activities would be wonderful.
>
> Sugar already provides an activity framework (sugar.activity.*
> modules) but it does not offer any specifically educational
> components.  It's possible that this could be expanded with more
> education-specific classes and helpers.
>
> What kinds of features would you see being useful in such a framework?

Well simplify the topics that could be played with ,so we ge an idae
of how simple we can make it, and a central set of tools that allow
for easily created apps with a visual look and feel that can do a
limited number of things. This then can be expanded by anyone who
wants to adapt the framework. I'll go study up a bit and give a user
case scenario....

David