[IAEP] sugar framework

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 15:42:01 EST 2009

Hey David,

Correction: Flash can absolutely do collaboration.  Check out online
games like Corpse Craft for examples.  A SWF-based collaborative Sugar
activity would require some support from Sugar itself to direct
communications to the right places.

That said, I totally agree that a Python framework for creating
educational activities would be wonderful.

Sugar already provides an activity framework (sugar.activity.*
modules) but it does not offer any specifically educational
components.  It's possible that this could be expanded with more
education-specific classes and helpers.

What kinds of features would you see being useful in such a framework?
 You mentioned Etoys, but I haven't programmed in Etoys before so I'm
curious as to the specifics.

Best,
-Wade