[IAEP] SugarLabs mission (was Re: [Sugar-devel] activites known not to either work at all or not on certain platforms)

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Fri Feb 27 16:18:22 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:50 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> The question is not what SL distributes. It is what SL enables. I
> repeat my request for attention to managing this complex matrix. It at
> least needs some organized attention on the Wiki. I don't mind who
> hosts which repositories, as long as I can find them all in one place.
> I don't care where you want your bugs reported, as long as I can find
> them all in one place.

Not going to happen. The workflow is to "Report problems with distro
packages to the distributor", ie launchpad/debbugs. Triagers there then look
at those bugs, and consider whether they need to be forwarded upstream to
SL. You'll be able to see all of the sugar-on-ubuntu bugs in one place, and
all the sugar-on-gentoo bugs in another, but you aren't going to see them
all in one place, since that's not the way distributions work.

> I do care how everything gets tested. I want a
> bunch of VMs running regressions _every day_.

Please feel free to set that up, but we arn't building packages every day.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc