[IAEP] http://www-testing.sugarlabs.org/

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 27 13:22:22 EST 2009

Christian Marc Schmidt wrote:
> Ben, perhaps you can help us write some of the content you think is
> inadequate. You are entitled to your opinion about the design, but really
> what we need is constructive criticism, as many of us have dedicated a lot
> of time to put this together.

In my opinion, Sugar Labs has no need for any static website.  The entire
point of our organization is to create systems that entice users to move
from passive reception of information towards active modification of the
system itself.  Having a wiki for the main page of Sugar Labs is therefore
exactly in line without our whole philosophy.  I also strongly prefer the
structure of the Sugarlabs wiki mainpage, an introductory paragraph
followed by a series of informative blocks, over the structure of the beta
site.

If you're concerned about the wiki decorations confusing users on the
first visit, then a better solution would be to generate the front page
from the wiki mainpage, but use a modified stylesheet to show only the
page contents, or the page contents and a minimal top-bar.

--Ben