[IAEP] First competitor?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Feb 27 08:49:31 EST 2009

I think the only obvious deficiency is the missing frame key. Without
it Sugar is much less usable.

A second issue is that the UI is designed towards a relatively small
physical display size. Using the same proportions (say, frame-width-to-
screen-size ratio) makes it appear bulky on a big screen, adjusting
the proportions feels like space is being wasted (say, on the home
screen).

Other design decisions don't even work well on the XO, and perhaps
people just assume it would be better there (like hover palettes).

Possibly "standard PC" also means "standard OS", and we do know that
currently Sugar works best with the OLPC OS.

- Bert -