[IAEP] SoaS - moving onward...

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 21:53:39 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> and here's another announcement for Sugar on a Stick!
>
> You can grab your updated version now directly from here:
>
> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/1/latest.iso

Hey, this link appears to have disappeared.

I updated http://sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick to focus on downloading
and writing this distribution to a USB stick.  Other aspects of SoaS were
moved down to the TODO links.

I'd like to standardize on a *single* program for creating USB keys,
preferrably the Fedora LiveUSB Creator.  Can anyone try this out on Linux
and report back whether it works?  If it indeed does, I'll move the other
key creation methods and post instructions with screenshots.

Second, given the amount of work we are doing on SoaS right now should we
consider a SoaS namespace in the wiki?  E.g. SoaS/VirtualBox, SoaS/Ubunto,
SoaS/TODO, etc.  I'm not suggesting a whole new Team (unless you guys want
to do that) but just a little more organization.

Finally, I think the next thing to do in this area is to tidy up the Get
Sugar page - right now SoaS is just a parenthetical reference, despite being
one of the better ways to try Sugar given all the recent work.

Best,
Wade