[IAEP] activites known not to either work at all or not on certin platforms

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 13:08:14 EST 2009

The problem is that 0.82 is not stable at all.... but being released
in a stable Debian... Ubuntu LTS, btw... always backports its most
stable packages to it, so no, its not the same. Otherwise the state it
would be in as it was when it was released would be unusable...
remember the cachepixmaps bug, cpu cycles gettting eaten to the max,
sqlite issue with Firefox? Well, that got SRUd and fixed in days. Why
can't there be something like Holger is suggesting... just a place
where Debian and Ubuntu can work alongside each other. This Debian vs
Ubuntu thing is just becoming silly now.... There are people in the
field who are losing deployment opportunities because of this.... its
not just a wishlist thing... Debian now contains the most unstable
sugar release there is... is that where it wants to be? Affecting
every *fork* and forcing us to hack around the issues?

kind Regards,
David Van Assche