[IAEP] activites known not to either work at all or not on certin platforms

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Wed Feb 11 05:59:10 EST 2009

Hi all,

Reading this thread I've realized that there is a huge lack of target distro,
many people work for various distros and the fact is - there is now fully
featured sugar for at least one distro. I think we should choose *one* target
distro for incoming 0.84 release. I don't mean choose it forever, just one
distro which should be a glance facade for future 0.84 release with activities
included as much as possible.

In fact, there is such distro - SoaS. It has some benefits:
- intended to be a live distro
- its not an official distro (we could do everything we want)

Only one but, lack of coordination - I know what Speak demands, but I couldn't
add these dependencies w/o asking busy maintainer(busy not with SoaS).

In that case I'm going to take that task. And that's my program:
- it will RPMs repo
- packaging activities in RPMs:
  - I need formal(more formal then wiki) way to sort activities
    for runnable/unrunnable
  - now (before addons.s.o), there is no accepted strategy for resolving
    dependencies for honey activities and packaging all activities could help me
  - there is some activities w/ old .xo bundles that do not include last
    patches (TamTam, Speak+chat, etc); RPMs will include last dev code
  - its a nice idea to install all these activities by one command (and even
    deploy then preinstalled)
- do not bother about official status of RPMs; its custom distro not Fedora

--
Aleksey