[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] activites known not to either work at all or not on certin platforms

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 23:32:27 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Caroline Meeks <solutiongrove at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am dogfooding a bit with the Fedora SoaS.  My Thinkpad X40 ...

Excellent news. Here's to more SL'ers doing the same :-)

>> Wearing my XSA hat, I want to get my hands on that second Sugar
>> platform and test interop with the XS.
> Yes, we need SoaS to work with the XS It will not be ready for any
> deployment until we can back up and restore to an XS.  Its just too easy to
> lose a USB stick and then have lost all your data.

Cool. Quick notes on what would need to happen...

 - ds-backup getting packaged for debian, at least the client side. If
you have patches to offer that bring in a 'debian/' directory, I'll
merge them in...

 - ds-backup server and client need to handle the repo format
transition as discussed w Tomeu (IIRC, this is important for sites
upgrading, so SoAS might not be affected...)

SoAS seems (from afar) the most active and promising platform, so... yay!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions