[IAEP] irc logs

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Feb 5 04:46:38 EST 2009

Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
> You cannot be both for and against transparency.  As a community, we
> cannot both demand that leadership discussions happen out in the open,
> while at the same time refusing to have our own public conversations
> recorded.  It doesn't work that way.

+1

And because we can't prevent people from recording private logs and
even publishing them, there's no point arguing.  If someone publishes
the IRC logs, the IRC logs will become public.

BTW: like many others, I have ~2 years worth of IRC logs of #sugar,
#olpc and #olpc-devel, almost complete.  I've not published them just
because I don't care enough, but I'll pass them to whoever asks for it.

> How is this better than logging automatically, which has the exact same
> effect, except that everyone has access to the logs, instead of only
> those who choose to keep the logs?

It wasn't me proposing this, it was Ties' idea.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/