[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Physics-3

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 23:14:47 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>

> On 30 Aug 2009, at 01:30, Bill Kerr wrote:
>
>  On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 1:35 AM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Bill,
>>>
>>> On 29 Aug 2009, at 14:44, Bill Kerr wrote:
>>>
>>> the default single click shape does not work for the box but does work
>>> for

>>> Just to confirm, this is tested and working. But, I think what happened
>>> here is that you may have dragged a very small (too small) box first, and
>>> then subsequent single clicks were then trying to clone that non drawable
>>> shape. I thought I'd avoided that case by not remembering parameters for
>>> shapes too small to draw, will fix this in the next release – so thanks
>>> for
>>> reporting it! :-)
>>>

>> the square block does work if you click on it first
>>
>> but try clicking on the circle, the triangle and the square in that order
>> -
>> the square does not create a shape by default (the others do)
>>
>> then exit physics and go back in
>> click on the square, the triangle and circle in order - the circle does
>> not
>> create a shape by default (the others do)
>>
>> and variations of the above - sometimes the default (click shape, click
>> screen, shape standard size shape created) works sometimes it doesn't
>> eg. it might always work for the square but not at all for the triangle or
>> circle depending on the clicking order
>>
>> in some cases it leaves just an arrow on the screen and the program
>> crashes
>>
>> all of the above without me trying to create any smaller shapes
>>

> Hmmm, that's really interesting. I can't reproduce any of these cases here
> :-( Is anyone else able to reproduce these cases? I've tested on an XO-1
> running 0.82, XO-1 running 0.84, and a Mac running F11 and sugar-jhbuild
> 0.85.x

Just to help my sanity, when you next reproduce this... With the tool that
> you find fails, can you click and drag to create a size of your own
> choosing, and then afterwards single click to create a clone? Just to be
> sure that your not managing to create a 'micro' shape as the default by
> accident (yes I need to fix that case).

I tried again on another USB ( I have a few different brands) and this time
it behaves more like you are describing
ie. I am getting microshapes, some of them quite small but which I can
(sometimes) see
Cloning is not reliable - it sometimes reverts to microshapes

adata USB matches your description
LASER USB is what I was describing earlier

Lack of consistency b/w USBs is disconcerting