[IAEP] [math4] Git tutorial

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sat Aug 29 14:47:22 EDT 2009

Gary C Martin wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> On 29 Aug 2009, at 18:47, David Farning wrote:
>
>> Currently, there are tidbits of information on git spread around the
>> wiki.
>>
>> One of the hurdle for new contributors (of code) is figuring out how
>> to create an ssh key, set up an account on git.sl.o, and use git.
>>
>> I would like to propose going through the wiki and moving the git
>> related information to a collection of three pages  Activity_Team/Git,
>> Activity_Team/Git_FAQ, and, Activity_Team/Git_tutorial.
>
> There are excellent resources out there all ready, and all ready
> linked to from our wiki. Lets not make even more work for ourselves by
> writing lessor, and duplicate documentation. But by all means have a
> wiki clean up, and make sure we're pointing folks to useful maintained
> content. The trick with the wiki is keeping a minimal but needed set
> of information, so people actually have the energy to find it, read
> it, and we can keep it maintained and accurate!

+1

Let me throw also my head for something in the Fedora Education SIG did
some weeks ago: When working on the POSSE Education Fedora Remix, the
idea to write a general "get started into development" page was born.

Some stuff has been dumped there already, but help would be greatly
appreciated: https://fedorahosted.org/education/wiki/GetStarted

--Sebastian