[IAEP] [math4] Git tutorial

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Aug 29 14:06:09 EDT 2009

Hi David,

On 29 Aug 2009, at 18:47, David Farning wrote:

> Currently, there are tidbits of information on git spread around the
> wiki.
>
> One of the hurdle for new contributors (of code) is figuring out how
> to create an ssh key, set up an account on git.sl.o, and use git.
>
> I would like to propose going through the wiki and moving the git
> related information to a collection of three pages  Activity_Team/Git,
> Activity_Team/Git_FAQ, and, Activity_Team/Git_tutorial.

There are excellent resources out there all ready, and all ready
linked to from our wiki. Lets not make even more work for ourselves by
writing lessor, and duplicate documentation. But by all means have a
wiki clean up, and make sure we're pointing folks to useful maintained
content. The trick with the wiki is keeping a minimal but needed set
of information, so people actually have the energy to find it, read
it, and we can keep it maintained and accurate!

Regards,
--Gary