[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Physics-3

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 09:44:10 EDT 2009

thanks Gary
the default single click shape does not work for the box but does work for
circle and triangle

I think there needs to be clear install instructions for those doing this
for the first time. I wasn't sure what to do. I found some instructions here
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities#Installing_one_activity
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities#Installing_one_activity>which were
sufficient for me to work it out but would not be adequate for many of my
students

I will give them a copy of physics-3.xo with some instructions like this,
making it as easy as possible so we can spend more of our limited time
exploring software rather than confusion arising over a routine installation
task

- hover over and erase existing physics
- get physics-3.xo (1.4MB) off L drive onto your USB
- insert your USB and double click on your USB icon
- your USB contents should appear in the Journal, including the physics
program
- click on the arrow on the right hand side of page for the physics program
- click on start button
- physics will open and be installed on the SoaS stick

To confirm note the new features:
- hand for grab
- irregular polygon replaces hexagon icon
- you can now save your work
and others

cheers