[IAEP] [Systems] Feedback on Launchpad

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Wed Aug 26 09:38:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 08:18, Caroline Meeks <caroline at solutiongrove.com>wrote:
>>
>> Personally I'd like to choose
>> Launch Pad. Its open source where Get Satisfaction is only free to us.
>>
>> However here is today's problem with LaunchPad
>>
>> I want to discuss a features in the roadmap/blueprint.
>>

> Well, assuming we make all features have a wikipage, you can discuss it on
> that wikipage. (we can later unify login between launchpad and
> Wiki/Gitorious so this isn't an issue, as LP is an openID provider)
>
> Launchpad supports "setting the full URL for a spec", which can be any web
> page. Is that satisfactory?

Unfortunately, I don't think so.  Our goal is to get shy, not so invested,
not so web savvy people from the field to feel comfortable giving us their
opinions.

I don't think going to another website, creating another account, using a
non-WYSIWYG editor and changing a really official looking page is going to
do that for us.

We need an easy, chatty, way for people to put in their $.02.

Is LaunchPad open to making changes for us?  Cause its close.  Really what I
think I'm asking for is a "comment" and "vote" functionality on Blueprints.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove

617-500-3488 - Office