[IAEP] [Systems] Feedback on Launchpad

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Wed Aug 26 09:22:08 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 08:18, Caroline Meeks <caroline at solutiongrove.com>wrote:

> Personally I'd like to choose
> Launch Pad. Its open source where Get Satisfaction is only free to us.
>
> However here is today's problem with LaunchPad
>
> I want to discuss a features in the roadmap/blueprint.

Well, assuming we make all features have a wikipage, you can discuss it on
that wikipage. (we can later unify login between launchpad and
Wiki/Gitorious so this isn't an issue, as LP is an openID provider)

Launchpad supports "setting the full URL for a spec", which can be any web
page. Is that satisfactory?

> I worked around by using the Whiteboard. Maybe this is good enough?

Possibly.

There seems to be no way to vote for a feature/spec.  Given our current
> focus on trying to be responsive to the needs of our users this seems like a
> really important feature.

Hm. I guess we could submit a request to LP asking them to add said feature,
or make it one of our tasks.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc