[IAEP] Physics - Lesson plans ideas?

Asaf Paris Mandoki asafpm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 22:11:11 EDT 2009

> I'll create a worksheet for my class and post the link when done - thinking
> that I'll organise it into a basic, harder and advanced sections
Good idea.

> is water possible?
> that would fit nicely with density experiments
Water as a medium is technically possible but I'm still not sure how
could it fit in the UI.  Maybe it could be a type of world. There are
plans to do an 'outer space' world (zero gravity, zero friction) and
maybe a moon world (low gravity, maybe zero friction). I think water
world could fit nicely as an option there. Should it be half empty or
half full? :-)

There is an example here on how water looks with the physics engine.

http://personal.boristhebrave.com/project/b2buoyancycontroller/demo

> how hard would it be to have a feature where mass is measured and / or
> displayed on the object?
Not technically hard. We've been thinking on also showing the velocity
vectors of bodies but again, the difficulty is how to integrate it
without complicating too much the UI or even if it's worth doing. If
we only have a simple list of materials and we could distinguish the
material of a body by color. How do you think we could benefit from
having a way to get a number that measures the the mass?

Greetings,
Asaf