[IAEP] Physics - Lesson plans ideas?

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 21:32:50 EDT 2009

thanks for response and additional suggestions, Gary and Asaf (and
screenshots are very useful)
I'll create a worksheet for my class and post the link when done - thinking
that I'll organise it into a basic, harder and advanced sections

Caroline there are already great ideas for lessons and screenshots on the
physics page (added to my worksheet)
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Physics

other ideas from me:
make  a see saw keep moving for as long as possible without using grab

for advanced students tony forster has suggested hacking physics to alter
densities etc.
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Modifying_Activities#Modifying_Physics
Gary, would it be a good idea to link to that page from the Physics page -
it took me a while to find it again

> We have a future Physics feature to expose the material properties, likely
a simple list of material pre-sets (something like "helium" "wood",
"rubber", "steel", "lead")

is water possible?
that would fit nicely with density experiments

how hard would it be to have a feature where mass is measured and / or
displayed on the object?

cheers