[IAEP] Anyone using the Map activity?

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Sun Aug 9 06:17:13 EDT 2009

Hi Nick

Map V3 reports as V2 in the home list view
Its still effectively twice as slow as google maps to go to a new location, would be better if it started zoomed out
Does not display map/satellite/hybrid/terrain till you zoom (i think you pointed that out)
sometimes measure takes its first point from the distance/area selection click
sometimes measure does nothing
distance has a "done" but area has not
sometimes if closing distance with the "x" it draws 2 new distance lines
have been unable to place a photo, get object selector dialog but doesnt seem to place on map
erratic behaviour of find:
find melbourne - could not find
find sydney (works ok)
find melbourne (works ok)

sometimes it cant find anything

Is this discussion ok for the IAEP list or is it better offlist?

Tony