[IAEP] modifying sugar tutorial: different paths for SoaS

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sat Aug 8 04:40:48 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 07:47, Bill Kerr<billkerr at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/Sugar/ModifyingSugar
>
> 4. The Home View code is in /usr/share/sugar/shell/view/Home. Type this
> command and press enter:
>
> cd /usr/share/sugar/shell/view/home
>
> the paths have changed for SoaS
> I spent some time looking for favoritesview.py couldn't find it
> I tried some recursive searches but my grasp of linux command line is
> limited or perhaps the files have changed name too?
> can someone tell me where to find favoritesview.py
> I'm happy to edit the tutorial once I know the changes

Hi Bill,

the shell sources have been moved from /usr/share/sugar/shell to
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jarabe.

But there have been other file layout changes inside the shell, these
commands should help you find stuff:

find /usr -iname favoritesview.py
find /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jarabe -iname \*.py
grep -R "class FavoritesView" /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/jarabe

Regards,

Tomeu