[IAEP] Sugar in Chile

Werner Westermann wernerio at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 21:34:44 EDT 2009

Greetings to all.

Patricio Acevedo left the audience shocked after presenting Sugar in the 2nd
Innovation Workshop:  The Creative Teacher, held in the Metropolitan
Educational University, in Santiago, Chile.  The workshop strives to present
and share educational resources to support learning experiences builted by
teachers, so Patricio deployed Sugar's creative potential for teachers and
students.  Many questions were asked at the end of the presentation (
http://prezi.com/139914/), by an excited audience of pedagogical carrers
students and professors.  More details (in spanish):

http://www.educalibre.cl/blog/viewpost/1226.html

This is not the first time we present publicly Sugar, but it's the first
activiuty we held as Sugar Labs Chile!!!  So it's our official kickoff, and
we are happy to say that things are starting to move favorably.  Patricio's
presentation is another step in our effort to generate alliance with this
university.  The announced Sugar pilot in Punta Arenas will start tomorrow
as the responsibles come back from winter break.  We will be presenting a
formal proposal for a small deployment in Huechuraba (a local county that
has bought 2.000 Classmates), to be held in 2010.  Step by step, we are
moving forward.

We want to appreciatte Bernie Innocenti's support building our wiki (
http://cl.sugarlabs.org), we wil be working on it this week.  Thank you.

Best regards,

Sugar Labs Chile