[IAEP] SoaS in the classroom feedback

Bill Kerr billkerr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 06:08:04 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Caroline Meeks <caroline at solutiongrove.com
> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Bill Kerr <billkerr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Caroline Meeks <
>> caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bill,
>>>
>>> I'm excited that you are doing pilot.  How old are the kids?  From the
>>> blog posts it looks like you have some XOs, are you using SoaS on other
>>> computers too?
>>

>> thanks for the mail, Caroline
>>
>> one xo
>> standard usage is SoaS, for this course
>> year 10 approx 15yo
>> course outline involves critical evaluation and building some useful
>> software
>> details: http://xo-whs2009.blogspot.com/2009/07/course-outline.html
>>

> This looks amazing!!!

thanks Caroline

this might be of interest to wrt your point 4 Curriculum, pedagogy, lesson
plans - as well as the big picture curriculum the nitty gritty curriculum
grows out of listening diligently to student feedback lesson by lesson, one
of the things that makes transfer of a curriculum package from one site to
another so difficult

student blogging allows for such feedback - my whole lesson plan for
tomorrow is pretty much based on that and it will extend beyond tomorrow -
see this blog for more detail
http://xo-whs2009.blogspot.com/2009/08/ideas-arising-from-student-blogs.html

the trap for busy worked trapped teachers is to rush through marking etc.
and not pause for that reflective response - part of my reason for working
part time

cheers