[IAEP] [Gnash-dev] cash for gnash

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Apr 2 15:59:02 EDT 2009

Hey all,
I though that it might be useful to bring a conversation I have been
having with Steve Castellotti to the attention of the list.

Steve is technical director of Eyemagnet.  Eyemagnet is a digital sign
company that primary uses open source technologies.  Yet, they, like
many others, find themselves dependent on Flash.  As such, they have
been doing and sponsoring Gnash development.

I would like to make  sure Jameson and any other GSOC students are
aware of what they are doing.

It might seem odd considering our 'business' are so different, but
Sugar Lab's and Eyemagnet's goals are closely aligned.  Eyemagnet
wants inexpensive, reliable, and flexible controllers to run their
signs.  Sugar Labs wants inexpensive, reliable, and flexible computer
to play back educational content.

david