[IAEP] Sugar Talk to Chilean's Edu-ICT National Program

luis ACEVEDO patitoacevedo at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 29 23:55:55 EDT 2008

As we communicated last week, we exposed Sugar and it's activities to Enlaces, Chilean's Edu-ICT national program (http://www.enlaces.cl/).  We described generally the project and it's features and future implications, through a brief presentation:

http://www.slideshare.net/wernerio/sugar-interfaz-y-recursos-para-educacin-bsica-20-presentation

After
that we used the Sugar LiveCD, updated this september 19th, showing
various resources and activities.  These were selected intentionally,
related to the K-3 level of the official curriculum.

http://www.curriculum-mineduc.cl/curriculum/programas-de-estudios/educacion-basica/

After
showing activities as Moon, FlipStick, Speak, we scoped in showing
e-Toys (Challenge, DemonCastle demo), Scratch, Dr. Geo features,
wanting to demonstrate the power of create/edit the resources.  This
led to many concerns around the appropiation/control in teachers.
Another concern:  many questions arose around the connectivity features.

Outcomes:  we where happy to have the presence of the Enlaces
Director, who was excited and curious, so we motivated to considerate
Sugar as a end-user solution to a ICT dotation program for K-3 public
schools, to be deployed next year.  Any advance, we will be happy to
communicate them.

Greetings
Luis "Pato" Acevedo
Werner Westermann