[IAEP] G1G1 (was Re: [Community-news] OLPC News (2008-09-29))

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 29 20:00:02 EDT 2008

Edward,

there's this litte Web site called olpcnews.com and they (no, wait, that
was me;-) wrote something
(http://www.olpcnews.com/sales_talk/g1g1/g1g1_v2_price_launchdate_unveiled.html)
about this back on September 8 after laptopmag's Joanna Stern originally
posted the information that day
(http://blog.laptopmag.com/olpc-give-1-get-1-to-start-november-17-through-amazoncom)
after apparently taking to Nicholas Negroponte.

So I'd say it's hardly a secret...

Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "forking the PR program", it's
not like the community isn't promoting OLPC and G1G1 by sitting in
airports and Starbucks around the world using their XOs. Making some
common information materials such as flyers and hand-outs that you can
give people who ask you "whether this is one of these laptops that
they've heard so much about" makes sense but I'm skeptical of anything
going beyond that.

Anyway, just my 2 euro-cents,
Christoph

--