[IAEP] The XO and Amazon

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Wed Sep 10 12:38:13 EDT 2008

I am not sure this is on topic for this list, if not  I would
appreciate a pointer to another place...

I was upset to have missed an opportunity to get an xo in the g1g1
activity last year - I am in the UK. Subsequently, when the project
veered towards windows I would not have wanted to support it an any
way. Lately there have been reports in the online press that Amazon
might be handling a new g1g1 activity, with a comment which I found
curious, that the machines would be dual boot, XO, XP.

The latest rumour seen here from Glyn Moody whom I greatly respect
http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=1241&blogid=14
asserts XO but no dual boot, which would be consistent with the
original hardware.

I would be interested to have an original  type xo for several reasons
if they become available, but I would not want to be very near to a
microsoft presence at all.

I would like to hear comments about this, including informed guesses(!)
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391