[IAEP] activities.sugarlabs.org

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 19:07:12 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
>>
>> I just came across http://gnome-apps.berlios.de, which I believe can
>> be run on activities.sugarlabs.org (especially if the effort to have a
>> Remora fork seems to be too much). The code is out there, though it
>> seems to be a bit old - the svnweb is at
>> http://cvs.berlios.de/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gnome-apps/gnome-apps/
>>
>> The only possible issue I noticed from a quick look at the site was
>> the lack of a "Download" link for the projects, which may link to an
>> XO bundle in our case.
>
> If you'd like to set up something like this, I can open an account for you
> on shell.sugarlabs.org.

I tried to run this in my machine, and the code seems to have trouble
running (I believe that the code was primarily written for PHP4).
Unfortunately my PHP foo is not good enough for a PHP4 to  PHP 5
transition :-(. Maybe if the code is adopted by the GNOME community,
we will see a port.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--