[IAEP] changing the xo icon

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 10:20:10 EDT 2008

I have been trying to reproduce your problem, but cannot seem to. I
did find a bug in the FLOSS manual chapter on modifying Sugar: the
word wrap for the SVG was creating a break between "&" and "fill" that
would cause the SVG to fail on ALL computers. When I fixed that, it
worked on the XO and my Ubuntu laptop. The only other thing I could
think of was that somehow the file permissions were wrong, so that the
SVG could not be opened. I experimented with removing read permission
on the file, but I did not get any icon in the Home View at all--a
different symptom than you describe. But in any case, from the
Terminal Activity, please run the command "ls -l
/usr/share/icons/sugar/scalable/device" and look at the file
permissions. They should be -rw-r--r--. If not, try chmod +r *.

Can you send your broken SVGs as attachments?

thanks,

-walter

--
Walter Bender