[IAEP] Sugar Partners

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Oct 26 18:21:40 EDT 2008

Sugar Lab's has been working on clarifying it's image. How we interact with
our partners defines who we are and for what we stand.

 In the past few months, hardware vendors, Linux distributors, and
application developers have approached Sugar Labs about partnering. This
leads to the question, "What is a Sugar Labs partner?"

 Partnering with organization who share our mission, vision, and values will
extend our impact. The challenge of improving education is bigger than any
one person or organization can accomplish, Sugar Labs is one piece of that
larger picture.

Working together with educational and technological organizations we can
leverage recent advances to improve education everywhere.

We will be working on the details over the next few weeks. As a starting
point two benefits of partnering with Sugar Labs are:

Credibility - As we establish Sugar as a credible brand, we will lend that
credibility to parters through the use of 'Sugar Badges'.

Marketing – At Sugar Labs we will develop and market the Sugar brand and
labels.

A requirement for partnering will be:

Improving Platform – Our partners must in some way take steps to improve the
sugar platorm.

 thanks
david