[IAEP] Fedora Live CD for Sugar

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:38:14 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Bill Kerr <billkerr at gmail.com> wrote:
> btw I forgot to mention a third hassle, the mama activities do not fit on
> our default screen resolution (which is locked down by techs and not trivial
> - time consuming - to alter)
> what sometimes happens in practice is that little things like this end up in
> those activities not being evaluated - in school environment where everyone
> is very busy all the time

We should try to get in touch with the authors of these activities and
make them aware of the problem. I'm ccing morgs about this. We also
need to solicit activity authors in general to keep an eye on the
problem.

> by comparison etoys has a convenient way to resize the screen within the
> program
>
> these are the activities that have been more popular and / or which I want
> to push the kids in the direction of looking at more closely
>
> I'm not sure which activities enable collaboration and which don't - a list
> of those would be handy for me

I added this list to the roadmap, thanks a lot for writing it down. We
will first make sure that they work on Fedora images (if installed as
.xo) and then see which of them make sense to package as rpm.

Thanks,
Marco