[IAEP] [sugar] Sugar Camp Cambridge 17-21 Nov

Robert McQueen robert.mcqueen at collabora.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 15:15:51 EST 2008

Greg Smith wrote:
> Hi Rob,

Hi Greg,

> On this:
> "I already added some of these above things to the roadmap wiki page as
> things to try and improve in 9.1."
>
> I'm not sure I found the place where you recorded that.

Sorry for the delay, but just to connect the dots, the ideas we have at
Collabora for the upcoming release were entered in on the SugarLabs 0.84
wiki:
 http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/0.84/Ideas

But they were mostly as stated in my mail, and in Guillaume's talk at
the SugarCamp, namely:
 * Ensure Gadget is correctly integrated and deployed in Sugar so we can
   avoid the troublesome shared roster haxks on the XMPP server
 * Fix tubes so that peer to peer data is sent with peer to peer
   connections on the network where possible
 * Fix the way JIDs are allocated to be more coherent and based on the
   child's nickname (also would benefit a lot from having hierachical
   DNS naming on the school server so each JID is globally unique)
 * Expose JIDs in the UI and allow them to be typed in and approved by
   normal subscription requests, allowing collaboration with anyone
   whose JID you know
 * Implement the Telepathy file transfer spec to enable that feature in
   Sugar
 * Enable avatars in Sugar (although maybe not if we're doing link-local
   multicast on an XO mesh network) and maybe some UI for taking a photo
   and setting that as your avatar

> Thanks,
>
> Greg S

Regards,
Rob

--
Robert McQueen                                 +44 7876 562 564
Director, Collabora Ltd.             http://www.collabora.co.uk