[IAEP] [sugar] Sugar Camp Cambridge 17-21 Nov

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:24:58 EST 2008

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the details and documentation.

I pasted your comments below and a link to the sugarlabs site in to the
synchoronous collaboration sectin here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap#Synchronous_Collaboration

Eben,

I'm having trouble keeping my roadmap in synch with the sugarlabs plans.
I didn't see this stuff on the "ideas" page listed on our XO roadmap.
When I searched for "sugarlabs" on the
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap I only find three items, all
off the reliability page. Can you check the roadmap page one more time
and make sure we are tracking everything properly?

Robert,

My basic question is: will this meet the requirements?

e.g. will it allow the following (from here with more details:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/9.1.0_Collaboration_Requirements)

N13 Must support up to 3 XOs using an activity and all others XOs (up to
10) watching what happens on that screen.

N14 - Should support 10 XOs (as allowed by scale) using an activity
simultaneously.

N15 - Nice to have all XOs as allowed by scale using an activity
simultaneously.

N16 - Must support pairs of two XOs collaborating with each other up to
the number of XOs supported by scale.

N17 - Should support all the partitions of XOs collaborating with each
other (e.g. with 6 XOs, allow 2,2,2 and 3,3 and 4,1,1 etc).

N18 - Where an activity allows saving, must support saving at any time
where the XO which saves gets a current copy of the shared file. If its
a "save as" or "save" but not exit action then the XO which saves
returns to the shared view. Where its an automatic "save" by leaving the
activity, the journal must store a current copy of the shared file. All
of these saving actions must not interfere in any way with the saved or
shared file on the other XOs or with the collaboration or network
connectivity of any XOs.

Maybe that is orthogonal to what you are doing, if so let me know what
requirements you think your work will meet (aka what benefit does it
offer the user?).

Is there anything else I should add to the requirements (e.g. must
always be able to see all XOs visible in the neighborhood as allowed by
scale)?

Thanks,

Greg S