[IAEP] Fwd: (Technobabes' Night Out) FW: She's Geeky EAST COAST

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Sat Nov 22 08:48:58 EST 2008

Do we have any technical women in the NYC area?  It would be great to give a
talk on Sugar and see if we could recruit at this conference.  However, I
won't be able to go.

I am writing you to ask for your help in promoting the Upcoming She's
Geeky Conference in NYC. It is for all the women on the east coast who
want to geek out together.

PLEASE pass this invitation along to other women
* Other women's mailing lists
* Let us know about groups we should invite to be Media sponsors
* Let us know if you think there is a company who would be interested
in sponsoring.

We really need to get some blog posts up about it in the next few days
so if you blog or know bloggers please post about it. We have a cool
little JPG for it and PDF (also attached)
http://shesgeeky.org/blog/2008/11/sidbar-and-pdf-about-shes-geeky/

THANK YOU!
=Kaliya

She's Geeky on Twitter: shesgeeky

We would like to invite you to participate in She's Geeky at
technology conference for women.
http://www.shesgeeky.org

She's Geeky is a neutral, face-to-face forum for women who like to
geek out about all kinds of things: computers, science, math, design,
robotics, web 2.0 etc…

The purpose is to bring women from a diversity of technical sectors together
to:
1. Exchange skills and learn from women in different fields of technology
2. Discuss issues that affect women in the technology industry
3. Connect with other women in technology, computing,
entrepreneurship, funding, hardware, open source, nonprofit and any
other technical geeky field
4. Build cross generational relationships.

We have two up coming events:

EAST COAST: New York City – December 5-7 (with the 6th being the main day)

WEST COAST: Mountain View – January 29-31

We work with and promote existing women in technology organizations by
creating a neutral face to face meeting space.

Unconferences are a great way to exchange and learn from one another
and this is how they work.

At the beginning of the day, we create the agenda. Everyone meets in
one room and posts topics they would like to present, see or discuss.
This creates a rich assortment of agenda items and makes for an
exciting day of learning.