[IAEP] Sugar on Ubuntu - Summary

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Nov 7 19:12:13 EST 2008

At Fri, 7 Nov 2008 19:45:00 +0100,
Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> The Squeak image "Etoys" (the only one currently packaged officially for
> Debian) is in "non-free" due to ftpmasters judging it not possible for
> the security team to maintain throughout the (multiple year long)
> lifespan of a Debian release.

  Is there anywhere I can read about their reasoning behind this
judgement?  Holger mentions "it's because the impossibility to
bootstrap etoys." but what exactly does that mean?

  We had a similar discussion that covered the "security" aspect
(http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-June/015568.html and
emails around it).  Can I see anywhere the responses to these from the
Debian ftpmasters?

-- Yoshiki