[IAEP] schools.sugarlabs.org

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 10:25:48 EST 2008

Ok, I've been adding content and setting up various parts of the site.
I've put in a bunch of examples in the various modules, that it is
obvious how other contributors can expand and help. Right now I've
been adding content from throughout the net that is already in moodle
format and falls under the creative commons license. I've also begun
categorising the sections courses should be in, though really we have
to think about how one categorises courses by age level and language.
It may actually be better to have a seperate moodle instance for
different languages, because otherwise the course content will end up
being to big.

I've also added a terms glossary for sugar, and started grabbing terms
from here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Glossary
these terms are linked from all content, so that if the keywords
appear in any course text or any other text, a link to that glossary
term is automatically added.

There is also a Frequently Asked Questions list I put up (with
commenting allowed) with some example questions about downloading and
licensing

I added a list of open content links which are a good place to start
looking for material which can be either uploaded or used to create
Moodle Courses.

The sugarlabs lounge is forum where people can ask general questions
or get into discussions about courses, sugar, or teaching.

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche
www.nubae.com