[IAEP] schools.sugarlabs.org

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Nov 2 12:46:38 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 9:25 AM, David Van Assche <dvanassche at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok, I've been adding content and setting up various parts of the site.
> I've put in a bunch of examples in the various modules, that it is
> obvious how other contributors can expand and help. Right now I've
> been adding content from throughout the net that is already in moodle
> format and falls under the creative commons license. I've also begun
> categorising the sections courses should be in, though really we have
> to think about how one categorises courses by age level and language.
> It may actually be better to have a seperate moodle instance for
> different languages, because otherwise the course content will end up
> being to big.

Thanks for getting this started!

Yes, categorizing the content will be a challenge.  The emergent properties
of an Open Source project are fascinating.

Using and emphasizing open content, such as CC, is great.  I have a
telephone call scheduled with http://www.openmedianow.org/ to see how we can
cross market Sugar Labs and Open Media Now.

I've also added a terms glossary for sugar, and started grabbing terms