[IAEP] Funding - Full-time educator needed for Sugarlabs

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Wed May 28 03:49:45 CEST 2008

Walter,

I feel pretty strongly that sugarlabs should acquire funding to hire a
full-time field-educator to manage communication b/w developers and
teachers. This is really critical to make sure that Sugar meets "felt
needs" of teachers in the developing world rather than perceived needs.
This person would also manager feedback on activities and requests from
the deployments.

It is really critical that this person be an experienced teacher who has
worked full-time at the primary or secondary level, ideally in a
developing country.

An education Ph D from Harvard or MIT would be the wrong person. Those
folks tend to focus on policy and theory, and tend not to have teaching
experience in public schools. We need someone who is thinking about the
problems of teaching long division in a constructionist way and the
subjunctive tense in English.

My 2 cents

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 01:12 +0200,

--