[IAEP] Project hosting

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Tue May 27 21:32:22 CEST 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> I think git project hosting might work this way: when you have
> a prototype git tree for your project, you can make it available
> somewhere or tar it up and send it to me along with your public
> ssh keys and desired user name for your developer account.

Why the seemingly purposeless duplication of infrastructure which
outsiders are almost sure to find confusing? While OLPC's development
lists (in particular sugar@) serve their purpose, no new lists are
needed. While OLPC is providing adequate code hosting infrastructure,
no new hosting infrastructure is needed, and so on. Let's please start
offering sugarlabs.org code hosting when OLPC rejects a project and
not before that. Until then, mirroring will suffice.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org