[IAEP] Project hosting

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Tue May 27 19:13:30 CEST 2008

On 5/27/08, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> In my opinion, a build bot is not as useful for Sugar as it is for
>  Mozilla due to the small quantity of C code we ship. In fact, I don't
>  even remember when was the last time that I touched a line of C code
>  in Sugar.

The build bot's purpose is also to run tests.  In the case where the
build is trivial, the tests become the primary attraction.

>  But if the build bot was able to start sugar, check that all the
>  services are up and start a couple of base activities and see that
>  none crashes, that would be very useful. I think that Chris has code
>  for this in his tinderbox.
>
>  And of course, the day we get some kind of automatic tests, then
>  having those running after every build will be great.

It has been my theory that we will have more automatic tests as soon
as people write the first 2 (or 10) to show how it's done.

I'd suggest the first step is to use nose
(http://code.google.com/p/python-nose/) to discover and run all the
doctests for all components.
 --scott

--